Numenta is happy to license HTM Studio to you if you accept all of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement. By accepting this agreement and downloading HTM Studio, you indicate that you have read and understand this Agreement and accept all of its terms and conditions. If you agree to these terms and conditions on behalf of a business, government agency, or other entity, you warrant that you have authority to bind that business, agency, or other entity to this Agreement, and your agreement to these terms and conditions will be treated as the agreement of that business, agency, or other entity. In that event, “you” and “your” refer herein to that business, agency, or other entity.
The purpose of this Preamble is to give a plain English description of this Agreement. Please read the rest of the Agreement carefully for detailed terms and conditions.
Numenta welcomes individuals, businesses, and other entities to explore and advance HTM technology. This license allows you to explore HTM ideas using HTM Studio in whole or in part, at no charge, as long as your work is for research and experimentation purposes only. You may not sell or distribute any portion of HTM Studio or your work product for commercial or production use unless you take an appropriate commercial license from us.
HTM Studio collects anonymized application activity statistics (clicks, menus opened, etc.) and reports them to Numenta so we can learn about the use of HTM Studio and continue to improve it. HTM Studio will never collect or report information about HTM Studio users (names, IP addresses, etc.) or users’ data (file names, data points, results, etc.).
- Definitions“HTM” means the Hierarchical Temporal Memory theory.“NuPIC” means the Numenta Platform for Intelligent Computing. All NuPIC code is made available through the “numenta” GitHub organization athttp://github.com/numenta, under an AGPLv3 license.“HTM Studio” refers to the application that can be used to find anomalies in streaming data. All HTM Studio code is made available through the “numenta” GitHub organization at http://github.com/numenta, under an AGPLv3 license.
- License, Permitted Uses, Restrictions, and Ownership.
- (a) License. Numenta hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free license during the term of this Agreement to install and use HTM Studio for the permitted uses detailed in section 2(b) subject to the restrictions detailed in section 2(c). Any technology that does not exist at http://github.com/numenta with an AGPL license is not included in this License.
- (b) Permitted Uses. You may use HTM Studio to conduct research and analysis. You may use HTM Studio for evaluation of HTM and for validation of its applicability to specific problems. You may use HTM Studio for instruction and training. You may publish information regarding the results of your research as long as you include an appropriate citation. You may modify and create derivative works of HTM Studio.
- (c) Restrictions. You may not offer for sale, distribute, or permit others to use any technology that includes the HTM Studio or NuPIC software or intellectual property, either free or for a fee, unless you have entered into an appropriate Numenta commercial license agreement.
- (d) Ownership of Intellectual Property. You agree that Numenta owns all right, title and interest, including but not limited to copyright, patent, trade secret and all other intellectual property rights, in and to HTM Studio and NuPIC, and any changes, modifications, or corrections thereto that are made by or for Numenta. You hereby grant to Numenta a perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, license to use any feedback, suggestions, or ideas that you provide directly to Numenta regarding HTM Studio or NuPIC.
- Application Analytics. HTM Studio collects anonymized application activity statistics, including but not limited to user clicks and frequency and order of menus opened in the application. These statistics are reported to Numenta. By accepting this agreement and downloading HTM Studio, you give your permission for Numenta to collect and use these statistics. HTM Studio will never collect or report information about HTM Studio users (names, IP addresses, etc.) or users’ data (file names, data points, results, etc.).
- Software Updates. HTM Studio may automatically download and install updates from time to time from Numenta. These updates are designed to improve, enhance and further develop HTM Studio and may take the form of bug fixes, enhanced functions, new software modules and completely new versions. You agree to receive such updates (and permit Numenta to deliver these to you) as part of your use of HTM Studio.
- No Support. You acknowledge and agree that Numenta undertakes no obligation to provide any support, error corrections, or upgrades for HTM Studio, and that you assume all risk arising from your use of HTM Studio.
- Termination. You may terminate this Agreement at any time upon written notice to Numenta. Either party may terminate this Agreement immediately upon written notice to the other party: (i) in the event of the insolvency, bankruptcy or voluntary dissolution of the other party; or (ii) if the other party defaults in the performance of any provision hereunder, and if such default continues and is not cured within thirty (30) days after written notice thereof to the defaulting party. Upon any termination of this Agreement, you agree to immediately cease using HTM Studio.
- No Warranties; Limitation of Liability.
- (a) No Warranty. HTM Studio is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind including without limitation, any warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Further, Numenta does not warrant results of use or that HTM Studio is bug free or that its use will be uninterrupted. The parties agree and acknowledge that NuPIC is an early-stage technology and there can be no assurance that either HTM Studio or NuPIC will be further developed or improved by Numenta into a commercially viable product. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from Numenta or elsewhere will create any warranty not expressly stated in this Agreement.
- (b) Limitation of Liability. Numenta will have no liability to you under this Agreement. In no event will either party be liable for costs of procurement of substitute goods, loss of profits, or for any special, indirect, consequential or incidental damages, however caused, whether for breach of warranty, breach of contract, repudiation of contract, negligence or otherwise.
- No Warranties; Limitation of Liability.
- General. Once executed, this Agreement takes precedence over the standard open source licenses provided at http://numenta.org, http://github.com/numenta and https://github.com/numenta/numenta-apps. The terms of this Agreement may only be modified by a written agreement signed by both parties. You may not assign this Agreement without the prior written consent of Numenta. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the state of California and the United States of America. No failure of either party to enforce any of its rights under this Agreement will act as a waiver of such rights or of any other rights hereunder.