Numenta is looking for outstanding students or other software engineers for summer of 2024 internship opportunities. We are looking for candidates with expertise in Hardware Architectures, C++ Optimization, and Machine Learning.
The commitment is for 3 to 4 months full time (longer appointments up to one year may be possible). Numenta’s interns will participate in leading edge machine intelligence research and development. The ideal candidate will be an excellent programmer with hands-on experience working on high performance or real time systems.
The position is based in downtown Redwood City, CA.
What You Can Expect to Learn and How You Might Contribute
- Understand the challenges of implementing performant deep learning models.
- Accelerate neural network architectures through biologically inspired sparse algorithms.
- Improve your software engineering skills in a collaborative environment.
- Implement and optimize core learning algorithms.
- Profile and tune existing implementations.
- Currently enrolled in an MS or PhD program, or a recent graduate, in Computer Science or a related field.
- Outstanding programming skills in Python and/ or C/C++.
- Experience in at least one of the following fields: numerical analysis, machine learning, real time games/graphics, image processing, real time computer vision, embedded systems, or data analytics with large datasets.
- Excellent knowledge of common data structures and CPU/GPU architectures.
- Background in math and probability theory is a plus.
- Experience with assembly, AVX or GPU programming a plus.
- Able to demonstrate strong intellectual capabilities and significant individual contributions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 by date of hire.
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should send the following:
- Cover letter describing their specific interest in Numenta.
- Resume, including list of relevant course work and a link to your GitHub repository or other public code repository that contains code you have worked on.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Numenta is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity.