The Director of Engineering will be a key member of Numenta’s technical team. The ideal candidate will have shipped enterprise products, and have solid experience with either machine learning or high performance real-time systems. The position is expected to be partially hands-on at first, and transition to full-time managing of the team responsible for delivering our neuroscience inspired technology platform. In both phases the Director of Engineering will provide general technical leadership across the organization. The position is full time, and offers competitive salary, full benefits, and participation in our stock option program. The position is based in downtown Redwood City, CA.
- Initially, become expert in our underlying technology and algorithms and deliver significant individual contributions.
- Eventually, manage the team delivering our high-performance deep learning products.
- Project manage the core product, milestones and feature delivery.
- Coordinate and work closely with research team to incorporate new product capabilities.
- Work with product management and solutions engineering to define the development roadmap.
- Implement processes for high quality code development, including coding guidelines.
- Manage the evolution of our continuous integration/deployment pipeline.
- Hire and manage additional engineers as the company grows.
- Represent the company at relevant external events, activities, and conferences.
- MS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years experience designing and deploying high performance real-time or distributed systems.
- 3+ years software engineering management experience.
- Proven people management skills, including experience with recruiting and performance management.
- Proven project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong programming skills.
- Experience with Unix, Python and C++, including strong knowledge of C++ build systems.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud systems.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and continuous integration and deployment.
- Able to demonstrate strong intellectual capabilities.
- Experience with machine learning deployments and MLOps a strong plus.
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume, including a link to your github repository or other public code repository that contains code you have worked on, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The base annual salary range for this position for candidates residing in the San Francisco Bay Area is $181,000 to $272,000; exact salary will depend on the candidate’s experience level and fit to the job description.
Numenta is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity.